With a change in the season comes a change in your skin, and that requires an updated makeup routine. Regardless of how thorough your existing skincare and makeup routine may be, in order to ensure the skin is functioning at its healthiest, it’s important to adapt with our environment.
As we all know, summer brings increased sun exposure so the focus of summer makeup should be protecting the complexion and reducing irritation. It’s important to choose products that are right for your skin type and will help to protect your skin during the change in season. Here’s our product tips for revealing your summer radiance based on four different skin types and concerns:
With the warmer weather skin dehydration can be heightened, so it’s important to add products to your makeup routine that will help with adding the extra moisture that your skin is screaming out for.
- Prepare the skin for makeup with the jane iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener to deliver an additional layer of hydration.
- Then apply the Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder for medium, luminous coverage with SPF 20 broad spectrum sun protection.
- Add a healthy wash of colour to the cheeks with the In Touch Cream Blush.
- Set your look and lock in moisture with a spritz of the D2O Hydration Spray.
If you find that your skin becomes dry throughout the day keep your Hydration Spray on hand and spritz your face as you feel necessary. This will keep your makeup looking fresh as well as hydrated.
We also suggest topping up on your sun protection throughout the day. Keep your Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder in your handbag and apply a light dusting over your makeup before heading outside.
For a bright, radiant base, try jane iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream. This foundation is great for covering dark spots and pigmentation as well as evening out skin tone, but it still appears natural and dewy for a “second skin” finish. The most important part, it contains SPF 17-25* broad spectrum sunscreen, which is important not only in summer, but all year ‘round!
- Apply your Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream to the skin with a Blending Brush or your fingers. Remember, a little goes a long way! For extra hydration and for easier application mix a drop of your BB Cream with Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener.
- If you do require further coverage or prefer a different finish, choose from one of our mineral powders; PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation Refill, or Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder.
- Set your makeup using jane iredale’s POMMISST Hydration Spray, and keep it on hand to deliver moisture to the skin as you need it throughout the day.
To prevent the mid-afternoon T-zone sheen, choose products with skincare benefits and oil-balancing, mattifying properties.
- Begin by applying the jane iredale Smooth Affair Primer for Oily Skin. This primer works to reduce excess oil without removing any radiance from the skin.
- Use PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation for sheer, natural coverage with a sheen-free finish. It also has the added benefit of SPF 20 broad spectrum sun protection. Top up your SPF throughout the day by dusting it lightly over the areas of the skin that may be exposed to the sun – this is of particular importance during summer, when damaging UVA and UVB rays are heightened.
- Set your makeup using the jane iredale Balance Hydration Spray. While many with oily skin will steer clear of “hydration” sprays for fear of adding any excess moisture to the skin, this light mist has been formulated specifically to help balance the skin’s oil production and maintain a healthy pH balance.
If you are looking for a light foundation to wear throughout the warmer months opt for the Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser. It is formulated with lightweight minerals and it hydrates the skin, offering sheer to medium coverage. It is water resistant to 40 minutes and contains SPF 15 broad spectrum sunscreen. You can layer one of the jane iredale powder foundations over the top of the Dream Tint if more coverage is desired. Don’t forget to top up your SPF throughout the day!
Do you still need help determining which products are right for you? Use our online foundation finder to get a personalised product recommendation.