Have you ever wanted to step back in time?
Well, this 1920’s Great Gatsby inspired look is sure to please! The roaring 1920’s marked the era of the redefined modern women, movie stars, jazz, the Flapper and Art Deco. Champagne flowed and women adorned rounded, thin, extended brows. Blush was a “rosy rouge” and lips were shaped like ‘Cupid’s bow ‘ in deep red and plum.
The 1920s was the decade in which fashion entered the modern era. It was the decade in which women abandoned restricting fashions of the past for more comfortable clothes such as skirts and trousers.
Here’s how to Get the Katy Perry Gatsby inspired Makeup Look …
- SKIN :: Prime your skin with the appropriate primer and with a Foundation brush go over your eyes and lips. Apply your favourite jane iredale foundation to match your skin tone. Set with a Hydration spray for a long lasting finish.
- BROWS :: Darken and extend your eyebrows slightly downwards with an eyebrow pencil or the Bitty Brow Kit
- EYES :: Start with Brown Silk Eye Gloss applied with the Camouflage Brush as an eye primer all over the lid from the lash line blending until it fades to the eye contour.Blend the Eye Gloss until it’s completely dry before applying shadows over the top.Next, apply Double Espresso PurePressed Eye Shadow to the eye contour using the Crease Brush and blend well.
- EYE LINER :: Follow with Onyx Mystikol smudged along the top and bottom lash line using the Smudge Brush. Use the highlighter side of the Mystikol on the inner corner of the eye next to the nose and just under the arch of the brow.
- LASHES :: Apply Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara to the lashes.
Tip: Try jane iredale’s Professional Faux Lashes for extra flare….