You’ve RSVP’d yes to the event, have booked your blow wave and have your outfit picked. All that’s left to decide on is which makeup look is going to pull your style together. As the party season swings into gear, we’ve put together three of our favourite special occasion looks to help you get ready for any celebration… we know you’ll want to try them all!
‘In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.’ – Coco Chanel.
For formal occasions, nothing speaks of timeless glamour more than a black liquid liner and a red lip. This classic look is our jane iredale modern take on old Hollywood glamour.
- After finishing your foundation application and base, start by applying the Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in ‘black’ using the Angle Eyeliner Brush. Hold the brush at the inside of your eye and lengthen along the top of the lash line, extending the line on the outer corner of the eye to create a sexy winged look. For full volume lashes (is there anything more gorgeous?!), apply Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in ‘Black Ice’ on your top and bottom lashes.
- Now to finish with an iconic red lip! The key to nailing this standout feature is to prep the lips prior to application. Start by exfoliating your lips with our Sugar&Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper, the organic brown sugar and shea butter will gently remove any surface dryness for a smooth application of colour.
- You’ll then need to make sure that the skin around the mouth is free from any redness, as a red lipstick can exaggerate other redness and make the lips look messy! Lightly dust your mineral powder or foundation around the edges of the mouth and then apply PlayOn Lip Crayon in ‘Hot’. This long wearing, hot red shade will be sure to stay put all night long!
For a casual celebration your makeup should look natural and fresh! We’re embracing the latest “Strobing” trend to perfect the look of luminous, dewy skin and to give your makeup an incandescent glow.
- Start by applying your Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener, this will prep your skin and promote radiance and luminosity underneath your foundation. With your fingertips, apply Liquid Minerals liberally to even out your skin tone and give your skin a dewy finish.
- Apply Eye Shere Liquid Eye Shadow in ‘Champagne’: highlight the inner corners of your eyelids. This will add a soft wash of colour to your eyes.
- Finish by using the In Touch Cream Blush in ‘Complete’ to highlight the high planes of the face.
Christmas party ready
Shake up your makeup look for your colleagues who see you every day in your same old, same old. To heat things up, we’re loving pink and coral lips with soft eye and cheek shades. Let your lips lead the way!
- After applying your base, lightly dust Whisper PurePressed Blush over your cheekbones.
- Using your Mini Dome Brush, highlight your eyelids with a soft coloured eye shadow, like Rose Gold, Dreamy Pink, Supernova, Dawn or Crushed Ice PurePressed Eye Shadow. Apply the colour over the eyelid and blend through the crease.
- Coat your top and bottom lashes using the Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in ‘Black Ice’ to define, separate and lengthen lashes.
- Now the lips. If you are a pink lip gal, try ‘Charming’ PlayOn Lip Crayon or ‘Craze’ Lip Fixation. If you are loving the coral craze, go for ‘Saucy’ PlayOn Lip Crayon, ‘Liz’ PureMoist Lipstick or ‘Tangerine’ PureGloss Lip Gloss with a ‘Peach’ Lip Pencil.
Spring makeup looks are all about a pop of fun colour, fresh looking skin, bright eyes and glossy lips. Be bold and try something new this season! We dare you!
Photo credit: Jason Wu spring/summer 2013, Chanel backstage, Cara Delevigne