Facial mists are increasingly becoming a travel and makeup bag essential, as they should be – they’re the perfect refresher post gym or during a long flight! We take out the guesswork and explain what makes jane iredale’s range of facial mists special and how to use them correctly.
We often get asked about how our products suit different skin types, so we’re sharing a quick lesson in hydration sprays and debunking the myth that these refreshing beauties are only for summer!
Who can use a Hydration Spray?
As the name suggests, hydration sprays are fantastic for hydrating the skin, which makes them perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin. However, they are suitable for all skin types and with so many different applications there’s a spray to suit all skin needs. If you have dry skin, you can try applying a quick spritz of our hydrating sprays on top of your moisturiser for an extra boost. Keep one in your handbag and apply during the day to deliver a boost of key ingredients and essential oils anywhere, anytime. You can also use our sprays to set minerals and freshen up your makeup throughout the day.
jane iredale has a range of hydration sprays to suit all skin types and we explain how to choose the right one for your skin…
Our POMMISST Hydration Spray is a facial spritz with the added benefit of pomegranate extract, which is a powerful antioxidant and UV protector that calms, soothes and aids in hydration – not to mention it also smells divine! Apply a spritz or two of POMMISST to set your mineral base. POMMISST hydrates, conditions and protects all skin types.
Key ingredients include:
▪ Pomegranate Extract.
▪ White Tea Leaf Extract.
▪ Rosemary Leaf Extract.
jane iredale D2O Hydration Spray is a facial mist that helps to hydrate and plump the skin cells. It has antiseptic properties, provides hydration, and also works to calm and soothe the delicate skin of your face. The key ingredients in D2O help to protect your skin and this spritz is great for normal to dry skin types.
Key ingredients include:
▪ Ylang Ylang Flower Extract and Essential Oil.
▪ Chamomile Flower Extract.
Balance Hydration Spray is formulated specifically to help balance the skin’s pH and oil production. It incorporates key ingredients like orange essential oil, orange peel extract, grapefruit peel extract, and algae extract, which works to calm and nourish the skin. Balance is perfect for those with normal to oily skin types.
Key ingredients in Balance include:
▪ Orange Essential Oil and Orange Peel Extract.
▪ Grapefruit Peel Extract.
▪ Green Tea Leaf Extract.
How to use Hydration Sprays:
- Lightly mist your face from about an arm’s length away.
- Use to set minerals and help to conceal pores and fine lines.
- Use to moisturise oily skin; for dehydrated skin, use after moisturiser and after makeup.
- Spritz the face whenever the skin feels dry or when exposed to drying atmosphere, such as when flying.
- Spritz your Hydration Spray throughout the day as a pick-me-up and to keep your makeup looking fresh.
If you’re feeling creative you could also try these unconventional uses!
- Use Hydration Spray to remove makeup – this is a handy way to remove pesky fallout from eye shadow or any smudges that may pop up.
- Spritz in the air to keep things smelling fresh, without any nasty chemicals.
- Mist in your hair to control static.
- Refrigerate your Hydration Spray in the summer for a hydrating and cooling experience!
- Spray on makeup brushes to intensify eye shadows and use them as eyeliners.