Summer is finally here! While we look forward to balmy nights, sunny days on the farm or maybe salty swims at the beach, the festive days ahead mean it’s a new season. With every season, taking check of your skin care and makeup routine will help you to be ready for what lies ahead. This time of year, we have certain products that simply fly off the shelf and are commonly requested as summer must-haves, for obvious reasons.
For many, warmer weather means shiny skin and really, there’s nothing glam about an oily t-zone peeking through your makeup. So, we’re sharing our tricks to combat misbehaving skin so that you look shine-proof this Summer. Looking fresh, with a healthy glow and flawless finish is what we are all about. Investing in makeup that offers skin care benefits is a must while you sweat it out this season. Stay away from products that congest the skin, are riddled with perfumes and preservatives and are not clean or safe. You only have one skin, so look after it and don’t be afraid to be fussy!
SUMMER SKIN SAVERS
The jane iredale Oil Control range will keep your skin in check, your complexion shine free while maintaining your skins pH. With these tips, you’ll be looking your radiant best at all of your Summer soirees.
1. Prime time
The revolutionary Smooth Affair for Oily Skin Facial Primer and Brightener will change the way you think of primers. Designed to bring out your natural radiance, this product will even out skin tone and minimise and reduce the visibility of fine lines and pores. It’ll help to keep your foundation on throughout the day so that you have minimal touch-ups. Applied prior to makeup application, Smooth Affair is a light gel/cream that helps to create a smooth, slightly matte-based finish and this primer we can guarantee will soon become your summer savior! Trust us.
2. Dreamy tint
During the warmer months, foundation is likely to feel much heavier on your skin. We recommend switching to a lighter, tinted moisturiser with SPF to achieve a dewy, clear complexion. Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser has been formulated with lightweight minerals to provide a sheer to medium coverage, while also including algae extract and an SPF 15 to hydrate and protect the skin after an afternoon in the sun.
3. Flawless finish
Banish oily skin with a mattifying finishing powder. The Amazing Matte Loose Finish Powder will leave you shine-free and will not dry or dull your complexion. You can apply the finishing powder under or over your makeup, meaning that you can touch up later in the day if necessary!
4. Blot away
Introducing the Facial Blotting Papers with Compact. Our all natural blotting papers are gentle on your skin, while ridding it of oil, meaning that you can use them as much as you like throughout the day! Crafted from organic flax seed, the jane iredale blotting papers come in a stunning, sleek compact that will fit perfectly into your handbag. You’ll be ready to fight shine at all times.
Professional makeup artists around the globe swear by this finishing powder. It comes in four colour ways and is used over your foundation so that your skin looks immaculate in photos or on television. We love using it everyday for an airbrushed finish. It is ultra water resistant, designed for the most sensitive skins, HDTV approved and works to eliminate shine, lessen transference, refine the look of pores and give your skin a super smooth, velvety finish.
- The lilac does wonders to brighten sallow complexions, use this over your cream foundation and just before your loose or pressed powder application for best results
- The translucent is ideal for light to medium skin tones
- The dark is perfect for medium to dark skin tones and also makes a great bronzer for contouring.
Here are some great tips for how to achieve different matte finishes with Beyond Matte HD Matifying Powder, by using different brushes:
- To get a red-carpet, HD-ready look that is totally matte with a velvety smooth finish on the skin, apply Beyond Matte with the Chisel Powder Brush.
- For a medium matte finish, dust on with the Blending Brush. This deposits slightly less powder on the skin for a clean, sophisticated look.
- To leave a little glow on the skin (the elusive dewy-matte!) apply Beyond Matte with the White Fan Brush. This leaves just a hint of product on the skin for a natural, luminous finish.
And if that’s not enough, here are a few extra tricks from the experts:
- For a controlled glow, apply Beyond Matte to the center of cheeks, nose, forehead and chin – the often shiny T-zone.
- Thinking lips, you can make your lipstick more vivid by applying Beyond Matte over the entire mouth area with your brush before applying your lip colour.
- To tone down shimmery eye shadow, apply Beyond Matte on top with the Large Shader Brush.
- The Peach warms up pale skin.