We’re in the midst of bridal season and with the beautiful Spring weather comes gorgeous Spring weddings.
We caught up with a very experienced bridal makeup artist, the lovely Liv Lundelius to ask her what her top five makeup tips are for brides:
1. Every bride wants their skin to look the very best. To achieve this it all starts with the right skincare and staying hydrated in the lead up to your wedding day. This is closely followed by choosing the right primer and foundation for your skin type and tone. Take time to find the right products and be sure to use a primer on your wedding day.
2. The face needs to match the neck and décolletage and you should always choose makeup that has no reflective properties for the sake of taking your wedding photos. Match your natural skin on the day of your wedding. To achieve a sun kissed look, use a matte bronzer on the high points of your face. If you prefer a brighter and lighter look use a slightly lighter, light reflecting but sheer concealer or foundation only through the center of your face.
3. It’s important to find a look that matches your style and personality, you still want to look like you and feel comfortable. Take the time to find the right look and book in a trial with your makeup artist a couple of weeks prior to your wedding day. If you are in doubt, less is usually more. Remember, a natural polished look will never go out of style.
4. For touch ups on the day, I recommend keeping your lipstick and a pressed translucent powder with you. Only powder down the t-zone to avoid unflattering shine on the forehead and nose, while also avoiding your cheeks. Keep them naturally glowing, if you like that dewy look. Check your lipstick after the ceremony (kiss!) and before the photos and then again after eating at the reception.
5. Get the glow: Highlighting is important and will help you get that youthful fresh glow on your wedding day. Subtly highlight cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and along your cupid’s bow, as well as the inner corners of your eye. Highlighting adds dimension to the face and radiance to the skin.
We couldn’t agree more with her bridal tips, finding the right makeup is SO important. And that’s where we come in; jane iredale is designed to make your skin look fabulous on your big day. It blends beautifully, has a soft-focus effect and does not flash back in photography. There’s also the added benefit of minimal touch-ups and healthy ingredients that won’t cause breakouts. A makeup range that delivers results.
We have a few more tips to share with every bride-to-be before she walks down the aisle.
Don’t go overboard with the fake tan. There’s nothing worse than an orange bride. Develop a subtle and even golden tan with jane iredale’s Tantasia Self Tanner. Tantasia can be used on the face and body. For best results, start using it consecutively for a few days before the big event. Remember to pack it in your luggage for that extra glow on your honeymoon.
When it comes to the makeup, there’s one golden rule: if your dress is white, opt for pink-based colours. If you’ve chosen an off-white shade, reach for peachy tones.
Cover up under eye circles or blemishes with concealer after you have applied foundation. Use jane iredale’s range of different concealers to correct problem areas. The Enlighten Concealer eliminates any blue, or ashy tones around the eye area, while Active Light Under Eye Concealer helps to reduce puffiness and deflects light to create a soft focus effect. The Disappear Concealer with Green Tea ensures any blemish or redness goes unnoticed.
Focus on accentuating your best feature. If you have amazing eyes, play them up and keep lips light and soft… Or if you have a pretty pout, go for a bold lip colour and keep your eye makeup soft and subtle with a clean eyeliner and neutral toned eye shadows.
Prep your eyelids with jane iredale’s Eye Gloss for crease-free eyeshadow that doesn’t disappear. This quick drying, smooth formula can be used alone or underneath eye shadow. It’s also smudge and water resistant, to help keep any wedding tears of joy from ruining your look.
For perfectly coloured lips, jane iredale’s Lip Fixation is the answer! The dual-ended lip stain and gloss provides long lasting rich colour that resists feathering and fading. The gloss accentuates the stain of colour and provides a high shine glass-like finish.
And last but not least, don’t forget to enjoy every moment of one of the greatest days of your life!
Getting married soon? Share your jane iredale wedding makeup look with us on Instagram @janeiredale_australia.